IMS College aims to bring together the next generation of bright industry minds for an intensive 360-degree learning experience that will give a new wave of electronic music creators and professionals the tools and knowledge to assist their careers. With the ethos of ‘learn by day, party by night’ IMS College is a ‘a crash course in the electronic music business’.
BURN Residency is now in its 7th year, presenting its now industry renowned DJ competition that offers undiscovered DJ talent the opportunity of a lifetime, a career jump-start that sees them on stage in a European city, as well as a 5-week residency in the electronic music mecca, Ibiza.
IMS College and BURN now present a special additional day to the IMS Ibiza programme with an educational focus, to take place on Tuesday 23 May and is free for students, entry with IMS Ibiza accreditation & wristband is also accepted. Attendees should arrive by 11.30 to register and receive their wristband.
Drawing inspiration from IMS College – Malta, IMS College Present BURN Residency Sessions seeks to deliver a free specially curated day, which will take the format of a range of seminars, workshops and interactive sessions covering many aspects of the music industry. From press and promotion to A&R and career advice all with the aim of giving attendees an opportunity to learn, develop their existing skills and equip them with vital tools and knowledge to help further their career.
The day will see a full programme of events that include:
- Pete Tong lecture and Q&A session with one of IMS’ founders
- Point Blank DJ workshop featuring Berghain resident DVS1
- How to cut through the noise in the blogosphere seminar presented by Neighbourhood PR
- Brand Synergy workshop led by Inder Phull, 2016’s IMS Visionaries competition winner and founder of the creative agency, technology company &global network KRPT.
- A live A&R session by one of the industry’s biggest major labels, where representatives from Warner Germany, Parlophone UK and Warner Australia will A&R and advise on tracks that are presented.
- ACS – All about Ears, Play Safe Now, Hear Tomorrow – a practical guide and help on how to protect your ears and hearing
- Technical production workshop from Berklee College of Music, led by Nacho Marco
- IMS Partners: Ask Any Questions; Ben Turner, Mark Netto & Danny Whittle will field questions from the floor on any subject or topic
- Many more high profile DJ names and dance music industry leaders to be announced
The day is primarily aimed at music students based in the UK and Ibiza as well as IMS delegates, presenting an opportunity for individuals travelling to Ibiza to enjoy the opening parties the benefits of IMS College. Holders of the IMS College present BURN Residency wristband will also be given the opportunity to purchase a heavily discounted IMS Ibiza badge for 100€, allowing them to enjoy the full delegate experience.